Divine Life Society by Jesse Gallagher
It's Music Monday! Today we are listening to "Divine Life Society''. I would describe this song as slightly mellow but a little upbeat. I use this song exclusively for "Invisible Word Write". This song can be downloaded from YouTube Audio Library.
Invisible Word Write
Use music and movement to provide kinesthetic learning opportunities to enhance letter recognition, phonemic awareness, and to build vocabulary.
• To begin, the educator shows the children a card containing a letter.
• The children whisper the name of the letter and then say the sound if they know it.
• The educator either calls out the name of a body part, or ask for a suggestion from the group.
• The group “writes” the word in the air, using the indicated body part.
• The educator can ask for additional suggestions of parts of the body for each word.
Make the letters large to increase gross motor movement.
Use sight words or numbers.
Changing the quality or style of music/audio can add variation to the experience.
Children can join this experience from a seated, standing, or other chosen position, and educator guidance can be adapted for the physical needs of individual children.
Use movement scarves or dance ribbons to write the letters, words and numbers.
Early Childhood Book Suggestions
There are a few great picture books to accompany invisible word write.
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault
Chicka Chicka 1-2-3 by Bill Martin Jr. and Michael Sampson
Check me out!
Do you love this song as much as I do? Comment below.